Monday, November 5, 2007

Fixed Destiny

Whenever I hear the word destiny, it seems to be very magical to me. So I looked up to our Merriam-Webster dictionary and it says that it has something to do with a person's fate or fortune, or a predetermined course of events. And so it made me wonder why are there people who believe in destiny and there's who don't.

I remember a professor who asked me if I do believe in destiny? And I remembered telling him that I do believe that everything happens for a reason. If that's so we then could say that destiny is something that 'happened' to you. Aw! This really gets me confuse. Ha-ha.

Inagree people say that it is you who does your fate and so there's no such thing as destiny. As well as everything you do corresponds to a particular consequence.

But whatever people say about it, I know something that might give different consequences but will be a hundred percent sure, fixed destiny. It is the eternal life that God given us that we'll receive when we receive God's gift of salvation through Jesus Christ to be our Lord and Savior. And will dwell in God's kingdom forever. At the moment we are given the eternal inheritance, it'll "never fade away, and is reserved in heaven" for us. Our salvation is secure because God does the holding.

"Our destiny is not riding on the next pitch (or fate) we make. Through faith, it is forever fixed in heaven." -DHR